We’re setting the baseline for awesome.
Great things are happening at OXD. We’re actively building a new kind of digital agency—one focused on solid design, creative exploration, and evidence-based decision making, all within a relaxed and supportive atmosphere.
OXD Project Managers help make new experiences possible for our clients.
Are you looking for a place where you can take pride in—and ownership of—your work? A place where you work with top brands and some of the smartest people in the industry within the context of a small, supportive team? We’ve got that. Does the idea of leading a diverse team of smart, multidisciplinary experts towards a common goal excite you? Can you balance both big and small, flexible and concrete, emotive andpragmatic? Do the words “on-time, on-budget, on-scope, and completely awesome” send a shiver up your spine? This just might be the opportunity for you.
More than just the type that plays well with others, you thrive when given the opportunity to lead a team to success and you regularly seek out opportunities to improve the relationship with your client. You realize that exceptional customer service is critical to ongoing business development. You’ve been enjoying your career as a Project Manager for over eight years, working directly with clients on small- to large-scale digital projects.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead website, service design, web application, and business process improvement projects to ensure project success
- Perform ongoing risk management as well as actively tracking and reporting issues
- Keep internal and stakeholders informed through status reporting
- Keep projects on schedule, on budget and manage client expectations
- Produce invoices as contractually required per project and client
- Participate in company sales and resourcing processes
- Lead teams to prepare estimates for new contract opportunities
- Create, negotiate, and execute contracts
- Review deliverables prepared by the team before presenting to client
- Work directly with clients in a consulting firm on high profile, complex, and rewarding initiatives
Is this the right fit for you?
- Excellent organization and planning skills
- A “get it done” attitude
- Tactful and diplomatic negotiating and influencing skills
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Sensitivity towards personal needs and interpersonal dynamics of teams
- Attention to detail
- Well-practiced presentation and leadership skills
- The ability to adapt and innovate
- 8+ years experience working as a client-facing Project Manager in an agency or consulting environment
- Experienced with managing web development projects and exposure to web development methodologies and processes
- Proficient in Smartsheet, MS Project or comparable project management tool
- Adept with web-based project management information systems such as Basecamp and JIRA
- Experienced with time tracking systems and timesheet software
- Accustomed to being involved in all aspects of the project lifecycle – from producing estimates to invoicing work completed
- Understanding of web and software design and development process
- Keenly interested in Internet technologies and their application to business strategies
- Well-versed in proven risk management practices
- One or more of the following: PMP, Agile, or ScrumMaster certification
Things that will give you an edge
Successful candidates should have demonstrable depth of expertise in one of the following areas (working knowledge of other disciplines is also an asset):
- User experience (UX) design
- Service design
- Business analysis
- Web development methodologies and processes
- Understanding of web analytics and SEO
What we offer
As a Senior Project Manager, you’ll work with talented people on important projects for global brands like Honeywell, as well as industry leaders like UBC, TransLink, and FortisBC. OXD offers competitive wages for staff, overtime pay (yes, you read that right—overtime pay), and great benefits. Our flexible working environment is located in Gastown, Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
How to apply
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help make this process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.