Is building great solutions with technology your not-so-secret superpower?
OXD is a looking for a full stack .NET developer to join our professional services team. OXD was founded by a software developer—and 23 years later engineering continues to be at the core of our business. We provide technology consulting on large-scale web applications, including key public projects (helping to make paying tolls… well, a little better) and major global brands (including anything from helping kids ‘catch ’em all’ to helping technicians configure complex machinery).
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements
- Work across the full stack of application layers
- Work in an agile environment
- Champion technical decisions and implement elegant solutions to the tasks at hand
How you like to work
You’re in your element when working in an integrated team that is small, flexible, and agile. You’re eager to be heard and contribute to the team without an ego. You care about productivity and strive to help teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently. You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply a part of the development process. You like to solve complex problems and have an open mind to considering different approaches. You love learning new technologies and keep on top of emerging trends. You believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps but what you’ve been doing for the past few years is important to us too. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you user-centric? Do you want to build applications that run fast, look good, and solve real business problems?
- 5 years experience as a software developer
- 3 years web application development experience using C# / ASP.NET / .NET Core / jQuery
- Experience with Kentico or equivalent .NET CMS like Sitecore, Sitefinity, or Umbraco
- Knowledge of modern web development technologies such as Sass (or Less) and HTML5
- Experience working as part of a software development team
- Solid understanding of Git (you know the difference between rebasing and merging)
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies
- Successfully worked on projects using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience with other JS technologies such as Angular, Vue, or React
- 2 years experience with Angular 2+ and Typescript
- Experience with complex, large scale applications
- Knowledge of software design/implementation patterns and principals
- Knowledge of cloud based systems and continuous deployment
- Experience with Transact-SQL and data migration/importing
- Experience with Team Foundation Server build and release automation.
- Experience with Government of BC IDIM and Siteminder implementations.
What we offer
This is a full-time, contract position for six months (with a very probable extension).
We’re proud of the high quality solutions we deliver to our clients. More importantly, we’re proud of the people who bring them to life.
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe. Our downtown Vancouver office is bike-friendly, stocked with organic groceries, and easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. Our office is located on the second floor, can be accessed by elevator, and is wheelchair accessible. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.
To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.