We’re hiring a full stack Django developer to join our professional services team at OXD.
Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of Software Development
OXD was founded by a software developer—and 20+ years later—engineering continues to be at the core of our business. We provide technology consulting on large-scale web applications, including key public projects and major global brands.
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases.
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements.
- Work in an Agile environment.
How you like to work
- You’re in your element when working in an integrated team that is small, flexible, and Agile.
- You’re eager to contribute to the team without an ego.
- You care about helping teams collaborate and be productive and efficient.
- You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply a part of the development process.
- You like to solve complex problems and have an open mind to considering different approaches.
- You love learning new technologies and keep on top of emerging trends.
- You believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps but what you’ve been doing for the past few years is important to us too. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you user-centric? Do you want to build applications that run fast, look good, and solve real business problems?
- 5+ years of web development experience in Python using Django
- Experience working with VueJS
- Proficiency in a Posix environment like Linux and OS X
- Solid understanding of Git (you know the difference between rebasing and merging)
- Understanding of the benefits of testing, TDD, and continuous integration
- Understanding of database principles and the strengths and weaknesses of an ORM
- Understanding of the full stack of web applications and how to optimize each layer of the stack
- A high-level understanding of user experience and user interface design
- Experience working with visual and user experience designers
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience developing single page applications
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks such as React and Angular
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Experience working in a professional services environment
What’s it like to work with us?
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Remote or onsite—it’s up to you.
OXD is based in Vancouver, and we have staff working remotely from all across Canada.
And for those who do live in the Vancouver area, you still have plenty of options. Choose from either fully onsite (once restrictions have been lifted), to fully remote, or a hybrid of both. Whatever suits your situation and life.
All staff—remote or local—enjoy a quarterly home office allowance that they can use to buy whatever they need to be productive outside the office.
How to apply for the Full Stack Django Developer position
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for our team to email@example.com. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.