Are you ready to help solve some of our decade's most complex social and business challenges?
Delivering citizen-centred government services. Transforming the way organizations work. Standing out in the marketplace with value-creating experiences. Those are the sorts of challenges that keep us coming back for more.
OXD is working with clients including Honeywell, Legal Aid BC, Government of Alberta, and FortisBC to improve access to online services and make smarter software using modern methods and processes.
And you? You are naturally curious, have an eye for details, always inquisitive, and unafraid to make mistakes and try again. You have a passion for technology, are flexible and self-motivated, and driven to invest time in learning new languages, tools, environments, and technologies. You don't have an ego but embrace the importance of quality throughout all aspects of a project. You also believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
Does this sound like you?
Well-versed in the role of quality assurance in agile development
- Participate in the entire project lifecycle from design to release and maintenance
- Assess requirements for testability
- Participate in quality assurance reviews of functional specifications and design documents
- Evaluate test results to determine compliance with test plans, established business processes, and business requirements
Solid quality assurance testing skills
- Perform exploratory, session, and risk-based testing
- Determine when automation is needed and create it using the appropriate technology
- Incorporate web accessibility, security and performance testing into all projects
Communicate well with clients and team members
- Work with developers on continuous integration solutions
- Collaborate with developers, designers and product owners to understand project requirements
- Participate in risk analysis workshops and risk mitigation efforts
A champion of quality assurance
- Establish and encourage development practices that achieve measurable improvements in quality metrics
- Work with the other QA engineers to establish and meet team goals
- Analyze testing metrics, allowing for solution-focused suggestions and new testing approaches
- Research and implement new approaches to quality assurance with guidance from the QA Manager
Is this the right fit for you?
We are looking for people who:
- Have at least 7 years of experience in a QA role
- Have experience testing web-based applications in an Agile software development environment
- Have proven experience creating robust test cases that achieve a high degree of test coverage
- Are able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Are able to implement and configure test environments
- Have experience with open source and commercial test management/execution tools
- Are able to multi-task (prioritizing and executing) and work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Can navigate and work through challenges with a positive attitude
- Are comfortable leading customer discussions as part of the defect triage process regarding the prioritization of testing activities
- Can participate in customer discussions regarding project status
- Have experience with automation (e.g. Cypress), performance testing (e.g. JMeter), and knowing how to drive testing automation initiatives
- Have experience testing complex APIs which includes session management and authorization (e.g. OAuth2, SAML, etc) using tools like Postman
- Have a good understanding of web application security (e.g. OWASP, Burp Suite) and how it fits into the QA process
- Understand web accessibility (e.g WCAG) and have experience with the difference techniques for testing accessibility
- Able to use your experience and applying it to coaching, mentoring and training junior resources
Experience with release management processes is an asset.
What’s it like to work with us?
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Remote or onsite—it’s up to you
OXD is based in Vancouver, and we have staff working remotely from all across Canada.
And for those who do live in the Vancouver area, you still have plenty of options. Choose from either fully onsite, to fully remote, or a hybrid of both. Whatever suits your situation and life.
All staff—remote or local—enjoy a quarterly home office allowance that they can use to buy whatever they need to be productive outside the office.
How to Apply
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire from outside Canada at this time.
No agencies, please.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.