As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements
- Work across the full stack of application layers
- Work in an Agile environment
- Champion technical decisions and implement elegant solutions to the tasks at hand
How you like to work
You’re in your element when working in an integrated team that is small, flexible, and agile. You’re eager to be heard and contribute to the team without an ego. You care about productivity and strive to help teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently. You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply a part of the development process. You like to solve complex problems and are open to different approaches.
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps, but what you’ve been doing for the past few years is important to us too. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you user-centric? Do you want to build applications that run fast, look good, and solve real business problems?
- At least five years experience as a software developer
- Significant web application development experience with React, React Native and Node
- Strong understanding of CSS3 and HTML5
- Solid understanding of Git (you know the difference between rebasing and merging)
- Experience following and implementing security best practices for web applications and databases
- Experience working as part of a software development team
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience with Native Mobile app deployment on App store and Google Play store
- Experience with API development and GraphQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with solving complex cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Experience with D3.js, three.js, or equivalent graphics library
- Experience presenting your work to clients
- Knowledge of software design/implementation patterns and principals
- Knowledge of cloud based systems and continuous deployment
What we offer
This is a full-time, contract position for six months (with a very probable extension).
We’re proud of the high quality solutions we deliver to our clients. More importantly, we’re proud of the people who bring them to life.
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe. Our downtown Vancouver office is bike-friendly, stocked with organic groceries, and easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. Our office is located on the second floor, can be accessed by elevator, and is wheelchair accessible. If you require any additional support during the recruitment process, please let us know at email@example.com.
How to apply
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.