Reports to: Director of Software Development
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements
- Work across the full stack of application layers
- Work in an Agile environment
- Champion technical decisions and implement elegant solutions to the tasks at hand
How you like to work
You’re in your element when working in an integrated team that is small, flexible, and agile. You’re eager to be heard and contribute to the team without an ego. You care about productivity and strive to help teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently. You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply a part of the development process. You like to solve complex problems and are open to different approaches. You love learning new technologies and keep on top of emerging trends. You believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps, but what you’ve been doing for the past few years is important to us too. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you user-centric? Do you want to build applications that run fast, look good, and solve real business problems?
- At least five years experience as a software developer
- Significant web application development experience using ES6 with React and Node
- Strong understanding of CSS3 and HTML5
- Experience working as part of a software development team
- Solid understanding of Git (you know the difference between rebasing and merging)
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies
- Successfully worked on projects using Agile methodologies such as SCRUM
- Experience with data modelling
- Experience following and implementing security best practices for web applications and databases
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience with API development and GraphQL
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with complex, large scale applications
- Experience with solving complex cross-platform and cross-browser issues
- Experience with D3.js, three.js, or equivalent graphics library
- Experience presenting your work to clients
- Knowledge of software design/implementation patterns and principals
- Knowledge of cloud based systems and continuous deployment
What we offer
This is a full-time, contract position for six months (with a very probable extension).
We’re proud of the high quality solutions that we deliver to our clients. More importantly, we’re proud of the people that make it happen. Our flexible working environment is located in downtown Vancouver and is easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
How to apply
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.