OXD is looking for a React Developer to help our Professional Services team. OXD was founded by a software developer—and 25+ years later engineering continues to be at the core of our business. We provide Technology Consulting on large-scale web applications, including key public projects (from helping to make paying tolls… well, a little better to helping children thrive with access to safe, healthy child care) and major global brands (including helping technicians configure complex machinery).
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop React applications
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements
- Work across the full stack of application layers
- Work in an Agile environment
- Champion technical decisions and implement elegant solutions to the tasks at hand
How you like to work
You’re in your element when working in an integrated team that is small, flexible, and Agile. You’re eager to be heard and contribute to the team without an ego. You care about productivity and strive to help teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently. You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply a part of the development process. You like to solve complex problems and are open to different approaches.
- At least five years experience as a software developer.
- Significant web application development experience with React.
- Strong understanding of CSS3 and HTML5.
- Solid understanding of Git (you know the difference between rebasing and merging).
- Experience following and implementing security best practices for web applications and databases.
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience with PWA applications.
- Experience working with and developing Restful APIs.
- Experience with .NET Core.
- Experience with solving complex cross-platform and cross-browser issues.
- Experience presenting your work to clients.
- Knowledge of software design/implementation patterns and principals.
- Knowledge of cloud based systems and continuous deployment.
What’s it like to work with us?
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Remote or onsite—it’s up to you.
OXD is based in Vancouver, and we have staff working remotely from all across Canada.
And for those who do live in the Vancouver area, you still have plenty of options. Choose from either fully onsite (once restrictions have been lifted), to fully remote, or a hybrid of both. Whatever suits your situation and life.
How to apply
Email your resume and a cover letter explaining why you would be a great fit for our team to email@example.com.
To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.