OXD is looking for a Full Stack .NET Developer to join our Professional Services team. OXD was founded by a software developer—and 25+ years later engineering continues to be at the core of our business. We provide Technology Consulting on large-scale web applications, including key public projects (from helping to make paying tolls… well, a little better to helping children thrive with access to safe, healthy child care) and major global brands (including helping technicians configure complex machinery).
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements
- Work across the full stack of application layers
- Work in an Agile environment
- Champion technical decisions and implement elegant solutions to the tasks at hand
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps but what you’ve been doing for the past few years is important to us too. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you user-centric? Do you want to build applications that run fast, look good, and solve real business problems?
- 5 years experience as a software developer
- 3 years web application development experience using C# and ASP.NET MVC
- 1 year experience using .NET Core
- Understanding of the full stack of web applications and how to optimize each layer of the stack.
- Experience in architecting a full end-to-end web solution.
- Experience with security best practices for web applications.
- A high-level understanding of user experience and user interface design.
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience with client-side technologies such as Angular, Vue, or React
- Experience with complex, large scale applications
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift or Docker
- Knowledge of software design/implementation patterns and principals
- Knowledge of cloud based systems and continuous deployment
What’s it like to work with us?
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Remote or onsite—it’s up to you.
OXD is based in Vancouver, and we have staff working remotely from all across Canada.
And for those who do live in the Vancouver area, you still have plenty of options. Choose from either fully onsite (once restrictions have been lifted), to fully remote, or a hybrid of both. Whatever suits your situation and life.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.