Position type: Full-time
Reports to: Director of User Experience
Help us build things that matter.
Are you ready to help solve some of our decade’s most complex social and business challenges?
Delivering citizen-centred government services. Transforming the way organizations work. Standing out in the marketplace with value-creating experiences. Those are the sorts of challenges that keep us coming back for more.
And you? You want to work in a team that’s flexible and where everyone contributes. You don’t have an ego but embrace the value of collaborative design. You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply part of the design process. You love tackling complex problems with an open mind, knowing there are different approaches to solving problems. You also believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
As a user experience designer, you’ll work with talented people on important projects for great organizations like Legal Aid BC (LABC), FortisBC, and Honeywell.
Does this sound like you?
Well-versed in requirements elicitation, documentation, and prioritization.
- Perform requirements elicitation through a variety of techniques, like observational research, gap analysis, one-on-one interviews, and workshops. Knowing which method to choose for the problem at hand is crucial.
- Organize and facilitate meetings with clients, subject matter experts, development, Quality Assurance, partners, and other stakeholders to review and prioritize requirements.
Solid research and interaction design skills.
- Perform user research through a variety of techniques like observational research, surveys, literature reviews, competitive/comparative analysis, interviews, and usability testing.
- Communicate design intent through a variety of deliverable techniques, including user task flows, conceptual and detailed wireframes, journey maps, and prototypes.
- Design interactions across touchpoints—some digital, others not.
Communicate well with clients and team members.
- Lead client meetings and workshops with confidence and comfort.
- Present your work and pitch our value to clients and stakeholders.
- Work as part of an interdisciplinary team—collaborating with project managers, software developers, quality assurance, content strategists, and visual designers—to ensure project success.
Experience working on Service Design projects is an asset.
Is this the right fit for you?
We’re looking for people who:
- Have at least five years of UX design experience
- Understand user-centred design, usability, interaction design, as well as core service design methods and processes.
- Have led co-design working sessions with cross-functional teams.
- Experience translating user and business needs into detailed designs and functional requirements.
- Have excellent verbal, writing and presentation skills.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and complex problems.
What’s it like to work with us?
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Remote or onsite—it’s up to you.
OXD is based in Vancouver, and we have staff working remotely from all across Canada.
And for those who do live in the Vancouver area, you still have plenty of options. Choose from either fully onsite (with proof of vaccination), to fully remote, or a hybrid of both. Whatever suits your situation and life.
All staff—remote or local—enjoy a quarterly home office allowance that they can use to buy whatever they need to be productive outside the office.
How to apply
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of your best, most relevant work to email@example.com. If you do not have an online portfolio, please be prepared to share work samples during the interview process. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line. Unfortunately, we are unable to hire from outside Canada at this time.
No agencies, please.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. You must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.