OXD is seeking a full stack Django developer to help our professional services team on a contract basis. OXD was founded by a software developer—and 20+ years later engineering continues to be at the core of our business. We provide technology consulting on large-scale web applications, including key public projects and major global brands.
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop new features and releases.
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out technical requirements.
- Work in an Agile environment.
How you like to work
- You’re in your element when working in an integrated team that is small, flexible, and Agile.
- You are eager to be heard and contribute to the team without an ego.
- You care about productivity and strive to help teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently.
- You know that communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills are simply a part of the development process.
- You like to solve complex problems and have an open mind to considering different approaches.
- You love learning new technologies and keep on top of emerging trends.
- You believe in the importance of having a life outside of work.
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps but what you’ve been doing for the past few years is important to us too. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you user-centric? Do you want to build applications that run fast, look good, and solve real business problems?
- 5+ years of web development experience in Python using a framework such as Django (or equivalent).
- Proficiency in a Posix environment like Linux and OS X.
- Solid understanding of Git (you know the difference between rebasing and merging).
- Understanding of the benefits of testing, TDD, and continuous integration.
- Understanding of database principles and the strengths and weaknesses of an ORM.
- Understanding of the full stack of web applications and how to optimize each layer of the stack.
- A high-level understanding of user experience and user interface design.
- Experience working with visual and user experience designers.
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience developing single page applications.
- Experience with front-end JS frameworks such as React, Vue, and Angular.
- Experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Ansible and Docker.
- Experience working in a professional services environment.
What we offer
This is a contract position with the possibility of increased hours and extension.
We’re proud of the high quality solutions we deliver to our clients. More importantly, we’re proud of the people who bring them to life.
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe. Our downtown Vancouver office is bike-friendly, stocked with organic groceries, and easily accessible by bus, SeaBus, SkyTrain, and West Coast Express.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. Our office is located on the second floor, can be accessed by elevator, and is wheelchair accessible. If you require any additional support during the recruitment process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.
To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.