OXD is a looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our professional services team. OXD was founded by a software developer—and 25+ years later engineering continues to be at the core of our business. We provide Technology Consulting on large-scale web applications, including key public projects (from helping to make paying tolls… well, a little better to helping children thrive with access to safe, healthy child care) and major global brands (including helping technicians configure complex machinery).
As a key member of the project team you will:
- Work with a small and focused team to design and develop automation tools and process to support new features and releases on projects.
- Collaborate with other team members to flesh out application, infrastructure, network, and security requirements.
- Build and own the infrastructure and pipelines required for projects.
- Understand and support the work across the full stack of application layers.
- Work in an Agile environment.
Is this the right fit for you?
A degree helps but what you’ve been doing for the past few years is important to us too. Do you have a passion for learning? Are you user-centric? Do you want to build applications that run fast, look good, and solve real business problems?
- 5+ years relevant DevOps experience.
- Experience setting up and monitoring Cloud Services, specifically with Azure.
- Experience working with Identity and access management systems.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with IoT pipelines and event-driven architectures for cloud services.
- Experience with infrastructure as code concepts and tools (Terraform, ARM, etc.).
Things that will give you an edge
- Experience with .NET
- Experience with NodeJS and/or Python
- Relevant certification in Azure and/or AWS Cloud Services
- Experience with containerized infrastructure and orchestration
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and best practices
- Experience supporting automated security and performance testing
What’s it like to work with us
This is a full-time, contract position for six months.
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.
To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.