We’re hiring a Designer to join our Creative team.
Position type: Full-time, remote okay, Canada only
Reports to: Creative Director
Design isn’t just visual.
OXD is a human-centred design and technology consulting firm working with clients across industries to solve complex, dynamic, and networked problems.
We’re looking for a Designer to join our Creative team, full-time. Could that be you? Let’s find out…
What the Designer will be doing at OXD
- Visual design for websites and web applications for our clients
- Infographics, photo selection and processing, presentations, and other document production for internal marketing, brand, and sales initiatives
- Work with—and occasionally build—brand and identity guidelines
- Competitive/comparative design research and exploration
- Brand guardianship of our own brand and the brands of our clients
- Be a kind person
- Work across teams with experts from across our organization—user experience designers, developers, QA engineers, and project managers
- A strong understanding of the core fundamentals of design, learned at a dedicated education facility or through equivalent work experience
- Experience designing websites
- Experience in some of the production tools commonly used in modern web, UI, and graphic design and prototyping—things like Sketch, Figma, XD
- High degree of comfort using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other Adobe suite tools
- Excellent typography skills
Bonus points for candidates who bring a little extra to the team
- Ability to design with all levels of accessibility in mind
- Experience working with UX prototyping tools like Axure
- Illustration abilities
- Experience with motion design, video editing, or 3D modelling
- Digital product design experience
- Experience designing infographics
- Experience working within an agency or in a service team role
What we offer
We’re proud of the high quality solutions we deliver to clients like Honeywell, The University of British Columbia, Government of Alberta, Government of British Columbia, TransLink, and FortisBC. More importantly, we’re proud of the people who bring them to life.
We believe in treating people well, compensating them fairly, and supporting them to live fulfilled and balanced lives. We offer great extended benefits, flexible time-off, and professional development opportunities for all staff. We want people to feel they can bring their whole selves to work and strive to offer an environment where everybody feels listened-to, welcome, and safe.
We are committed to accessibility and inclusivity and are always working to evolve and improve our practices as we learn. If you require any accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply for the Designer role
Send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio of your best recent work to email@example.com. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.