Reports to: Marketing Manager
Position type: This is a one-year full-time contract position with the potential for renewal based on business needs and performance.
Salary range: $50,000–$65,000 per year (converted to an hourly rate) based on years of experience.
Share our vision, shape our brand
At OXD, we strive to Make New Experiences Possible. We’re searching for a creative Designer for Brand and Marketing who’s not just skilled, but passionate about showcasing our brand story. Dive into a role that lets you contribute meaningfully, designing a brand presence that resonates, educates, and inspires.
Who is OXD?
OXD is an end-to-end design and technology consulting firm that has earned the distinction of being a certified Great Place to Work®. We tackle the 21st century’s most complex social and business challenges using research, strategy, design, and technology. Our commitment to user-centric, data-informed, and technologically sustainable solutions is paralleled by our dedication to creating a supportive and dynamic workplace. Together, these commitments drive our mission to consistently add value to society.
What we’re looking for from our Designer for Brand and Marketing
We’re looking for someone who can embody our brand's spirit, turning vision into visual. As our dedicated Designer for Brand and Marketing, you'll be at the forefront of elevating our brand, crafting authentic and distinctive brand and marketing assets—from design practice guides and custom illustrations to compelling case study infographics. We’re looking for a blend of creativity and strategy, someone who can visualize our commitment to impactful solutions and illustrate our work in a way that engages, educates, and excites.
What you're like
You're not just a designer; you're a brand storyteller. With every design, you prioritize the audience, ensuring that our message is both captivating and clear. Precision and attention to detail drive your work. While you are serious about the quality of your work, you also know the importance of team collaboration, adaptability, and a touch of fun.
Your core responsibilities
As our Designer, Brand and Marketing, you’ll be the beacon of our brand’s visual identity. Your core responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Marketing Manager to conceptualize and design dynamic marketing content across multiple channels.
- Collaborating with the Creative Director and Marketing Manager for asset ideation.
- Working with the Creative Director to spearhead brand reviews and approvals for various artifacts.
- Working with staff at all levels to ensure design and brand consistency across all platforms and templates, with both internal and external communications.
- Partnering with our developers to maintain our website's design integrity.
- Resolving production issues alongside QA and developers.
- Maintaining and updating our marketing asset library and project templates.
To do well in this role, you should have these qualifications.
- Degree/diploma in design or communications, or equivalent experience.
- Strong typography skills.
- Expertise in modern web, UI, and graphic design tools.
- Proficiency using Adobe Suite—specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign. After Effects and Premiere skills are an asset but not a requirement.
- Experience using Figma to collaboratively design digital layouts that communicate design specifications with developers.
These aren’t mandatory, but can help your application rise to the top.
- Prior web and UI design experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Familiarity designing in Google Workplace applications, specifically Google Docs and Google Slides.
- Familiarity with web publishing and marketing tools like WordPress and HubSpot.
- Experience with designing for accessibility.
Shape the way the world sees us. Join OXD and redefine the narrative of design and technology solutions.
Remote or onsite—it’s up to you.
OXD is based in Vancouver, and we have staff working remotely all across Canada.
If you live in the Vancouver area, you still have plenty of options. Choose from either fully onsite, to fully remote, or a hybrid of both. Whatever suits your situation and life.
All staff—remote or local—enjoy a quarterly home office allowance that they can use to buy whatever they need to be productive outside the office.
How to apply
Send a cover letter, portfolio (URL or digital file), and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help make the process smoother for everyone, please include the job title and your name in the subject line.
Only candidates that meet the minimum requirements will be considered. No phone calls please. Applicants must reside in Canada and be eligible to work in Canada. High-five if you read and adhere to the small print.